Author Topic: What are the best beauty products of 2012  (Read 51 times)

redbshoes

What are the best beauty products of 2012
« on: April 02, 2013, 04:51:14 am »
From a BB cream that actually works, to an immovable eyeliner and a fuss-free nail-polish remover, Anna Chesters wear red bottom shoes selects her favourite beauty buys of the year and asks readers to do the same. There's a clear cycle to a year in beauty. It starts off with pampering and detoxing in the new year; then when we're back in our stride we're ready for the new collections of the spring; summer is all about buffing and bronzing; more seasonal colours in the autumn; followed by some glitz and sparkle for the winter parties. What happens each year may follow a pattern but how this translates into products, thankfully, varies christian louboutin sale. Improvements are made, colours are tweaked and packaging is prettified. So even those of us who are loyal to a particular eyeliner can find ourselves tempted by the fruit of another. Having spent the year trying a vast amount of good, and bad, beauty products, here are my pick of the best: BB creams have been around for a fair while, but this year they really seemed to take off. In February, Estée Lauder launched its own and, despite the fact that I have tried many others, it remains my favourite wear cheap christian louboutin shoes. It gives a decent amount of coverage and evens out the skintone without making it look dull or grey like some BB creams can. It also has a delightful cucumber scent, so it feels like it's doing your skin the world of good. In the spring, Bobbi Brown extended its fabulous Long-Wear range with a host of new goodies including mascara, new cream shadow shades and my favourite, the eye pencils. Here is a pencil that gives you a line that just won't shift. If you want a smudged look you have to get in there quick with your fingers, otherwise that's it, it's set for the day (and night) wear cheap christian louboutin pumps. As someone who wears a lot of eyeliner, I'm on a constant search for the best and, friends, here it is. No one wants to tattoo their eyelids, that would be silly, but we do want an eye colour that lasts and doesn't gather in annoying creases. Bobbi Brown has been doing a brilliant Long-Wear cream eyeshadow range for a number of years now but at £18 a go they're not exactly cheap. This year's launch from Maybelline is much more affordable and works just as well. The colours are bolder but if that's your thing then these are the perfect pots for you. This is the closest thing to magic that a nail polish remover will ever get. Dip a nail into the jar, give it a little twist, and, hey presto, it comes out clean. It takes the boredom out of removing nail polish so you can get on with painting them another pretty colour wear cheap christian louboutin sandals. Also great for keeping on the desk for emergency nail-polish-removal situations (of which there are a surprising amount).

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter